Repairing Smoke Damage
We all know how damaging fire can be in a building. However, many people disregard the other detrimental elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can damage both to your home and your family.
Damages to your cherished possessions can be devastating. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Your house can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your AC.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a rag.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing smoke repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house undergone soot damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our fire repair services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke remediation services and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.