Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
Any home or business can endure water damage, no matter the location or climate. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your property. Water damages can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand. Call the professionals as soon as possible to minimize your home’s water damage. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll analyze and fix the problem. However, there are ways to avoid the expense of water damages. Knowing how to protect your home from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
The Causes of Water Damage
Chances are, there‘s an appliance in your house that you need for day-to-day life. But if your appliance is malfunctioning, it can often cause more harm than good. No matter if it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, faucets or toilet, any of these appliances can cause significant issues by flooding. When an emergency strikes, the water damage mitigation technicians from Paul Davis will come to your house to mend any leaks and efficiently repair water damage. Rely on us to repair water damage from the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
Don’t wait for water damage to occur– take action. Productive prevention is the the best way to avoid expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Try the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or shower head can spiral into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive steps to prevent water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. We’ve taken care of water damages in homes for years. Trust us to help you.