Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere and, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is a part of nature, but the species of mold that has spread in your home or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering structures through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a home on shoes, clothing and animals. It is practically impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your home. You need to take action as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can tell you the strain of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can orchestrate the optimal way to treat it then perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of experience in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your property along with major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it resides in, meaning the longer it remains without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your house and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in properties, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can assist in getting your residence healthy and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous areas like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black the older it is. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold areas and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in colder temperatures, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know you have mold in your house call the experts with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to remove damaging mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.